What information does PlaceMakers collect?
We collect information relating to you that you have provided to us (for example, on an application form or through the way you transact us with us). This information may include, your name, address, telephone numbers, information on how you use our products and services and how much you spend and the PlaceMakers stores that you purchase from.
How does PlaceMakers use your personal information?
The information that we collect from you may be used by us for a number of purposes connected with our business such as:
- processing your orders;
- providing you with products and/or services you have requested or administering
- your account;
- dealing with your requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care
- related activities;
- carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our products and services generally;
- contacting you about our products and services and the products and services of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you (unless you ask us in writing not to). Where such contact is via electronic means and you no longer wish to receive these notifications you may opt out by sending us an email;
- registering your details and allocating or offering you rewards, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of PlaceMakers Know How Rewards or other loyalty or reward programmes and other similar schemes;
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings; for general administrative and business purposes.
- material to inform you of special offers, benefits and information relating to the operation of the Know How Rewards programme.
Sharing your information
There may be times when we need to disclose your personal information to third parties. If we do this, we will only disclose your information to:
- anyone who hosts or maintains data centres, service platforms and other infrastructure and systems on behalf of us, where your information is processed;
- persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies and emergency services.
- our group companies (some of which are based outside of New Zealand) who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us;
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We may share non-personal, non-individual statistical or demographic information in aggregate form with our marketing partners although these statistics will not have any personal information which would identify you. We may contact you from time to time via email, if you would like to opt-out, please click the UNSUBSCRIBE button at the footer of the email, alternatively get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you opt out of receiving email communication, PlaceMakers may still need to send you essential information about your account, for example, your quarterly paper statement.
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to access your personal information.You may request access to the email@example.com.
Please quote your name and address. We would be grateful if you could also provide brief details of what information you want a copy (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
In some cases, there may be a charge associated with providing copies of your personal information to you. If so, we will advise you of this prior to sending your information to you.