- The PlaceMakers Know How Rewards programme membership is free and open to all New Zealand residents over the age of 18 years. To be eligible for Know How Rewards benefits, you must provide PlaceMakers with either your phone number or email address at the time you make a Qualifying Spend. (see paragraph 3 below for what we mean by Qualifying Spend). Presentation of proof of purchase subsequently will not be accepted.
- As a PlaceMakers Know How Rewards member you will receive a login to Know How Rewards.
- As a PlaceMakers Know How Rewards member, you authorise PlaceMakers to send you material to inform you of special offers, benefits and information relating to the operation of the Know How Rewards programme.
- Friends or family members may use your Know How Rewards membership with your consent. Know How Rewards members will only be able to choose one of two options, either 10% off the normal retail price of products in store, or 20 cents off per litre of fuel for every $100 including GST of Qualifying Spend. Qualifying Spend must be accumulated in one transaction. Know How Rewards are not transferable for cash.
- If you have a free AA Smartfuel card, you must register this before fuel discounts can be redeemed (AA Membership cards are already registered for AA Smartfuel). It is the member’s responsibility to update their AA Smartfuel number should it change as PlaceMakers hold their number on behalf of AA Smartfuel.
- It is your responsibility to keep your email address, phone number and personal details updated.
2. KNOW HOW REWARDS
- AA Smartfuel discounts must be redeemed by the end of the following calendar month e.g. a fuel discount dated 1 through 31 March will expire on 30 April.
- You can redeem your accumulated AA Smartfuel discounts once on up to 50 litres of fuel. Keep in mind that your account balance will return to zero after each redemption, so it may pay to fuel up with as close to 50 litres as you can to maximise your savings.
3. QUALIFYING SPEND
- Single transactions of $100 or more amount to Qualifying Spend excluding:
i. Products marked as 'Great Rate"
ii. Local Branch promotions, like discounts for damaged goods, marquee sales or expos iii. Made to order products, eg Kitchens, frames, trusses, mid floors
iv. Freight costs
v. Ready mix concrete
vi. PlaceMakers Gift Cards
vii. Products where trade or special quoted pricing applies
- Further exclusions may apply and will be notified to you at point of sale.
- Qualifying Spend of $100 or more in a single transaction will result in you receiving 10% off the total retail purchase price or 20 cents off per litre of fuel.
- We will keep a record of your Qualifying Spend, you can view it online using your login and password.
- Cash, EFTPOS and credit card purchases all contribute towards Qualifying Spend (subject to the above exceptions), however, the following kinds of payments will not:
i. Purchases made with PlaceMakers Gift Cards
ii. Purchases charged to PlaceMakers charge accounts
iii. Purchases charged to GE CreditLine Card
iv. Purchases made with Bonus Vouchers (For purchases made partly with Bonus Vouchers, only the part not paid for with Bonus Vouchers will contribute towards Qualifying Spend.)
4. OTHER THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- You must notify PlaceMakers of any change in your details, (email address, phone number), which may affect the accuracy of the information provided by you to PlaceMakers. You can do this by one of the following:
a. updating it at the checkout in store
b. updating your customer profile online through your login
c. emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
d. calling 0800 566 946 (0800 KNOW HOW).
- Know How Rewards may be used at any PlaceMakers branch nationwide. Use of membership constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions and PlaceMakers Standard Terms of Trade available at www.placemakers.co.nz
- These terms are subject to change so please continue to check these terms periodically. Continuing to use your Know How Rewards membership will constitute acceptance of those amended terms and conditions. For other PlaceMakers promotions further terms and conditions may apply.
- If you do not wish to be bound by these Know How Rewards terms and conditions, you may cancel your membership at any time by contacting email@example.com
- PlaceMakers means Fletcher Distribution Limited; however, any other entity and/or person (or their successors or assigns to the foregoing) authorised (whether previously, now or in the future) to trade under the name PlaceMakers and Fletcher Distribution Limited (whether jointly or severally) will be entitled to rely upon these terms and conditions as applying to them. Fletcher Distribution Limited administers the Know How Rewards programme on behalf of PlaceMakers branches.
- Privacy Act: In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, all the information you have provided to PlaceMakers on sign up will be used strictly for the purposes of joining you up to the Know How Rewards programme administering the programme and for PlaceMakers Know How Rewards promotional activities. PlaceMakers may disclose this information to third parties if required to do so by law. You have the right to access and request correction of your personal information. To do so, please notify PlaceMakers in accordance with the notice provisions above.
- Termination: PlaceMakers reserves the right to terminate membership of the programme, without notice and for any reason. PlaceMakers reserves the right to suspend, modify, alter or terminate the Know How Rewards programme (including the terms and conditions of the programme and membership) at any time, for whatever reason with or without notice and is not liable for any resulting loss of rewards or benefits should this occur.
- Except to the extent provided by law including where you have rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act, Fletcher Distribution Limited (trading as PlaceMakers) does not accept any liability (whether arising under contract, tort, statute or otherwise) to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage, cost (including leading costs) or expense you suffer or incur arising from your participation in the Know How Rewards programme or the supply or use of (or inability to supply or use) a benefit offered under the Know How Rewards programme.